1. Work to overturn Citizens United and get money out of our politics.
2. Pass a new Voting Rights Act and stop voter suppression in the states.
3. Prevent war with Iran.
4. Raise the minimum wage (federally or locally).
5. Work to defend and expand Social Security benefits.
6. Fight against fracking and other polluting industries.
7. Fully implement Obamacare.
- We marked the four-year anniversary of Citizens United by co-hosting a movement-wide virtual teach-in, building support for the soon-to-be-introduced Government by the People Act, and getting ready to respond to the Supreme Court's pending McCutcheon ruling (which could open the floodgates for even more millionaires and billionaires to corrupt our political system with out-of-control spending on elections).
- MoveOn members have launched campaigns in every congressional district in America to improve and pass the new Voting Rights Act—and are gearing up for nationally coordinated action.
- And we've already made a difference in helping ease the standoff with Iran. More than 150,000 members have taken action by signing petitions, making over 10,000 phone calls, and descending on decision makers in person—calling for Senate Democrats to support, not undermine, the Obama Administration's efforts at diplomacy.1
–Anna, Stefanie, Ilya, Matt B., and the rest of the team
Want to support our work? We're entirely funded by our 8 million members—no corporate contributions, no big checks from CEOs. And our tiny staff ensures that small contributions go a long way. Chip in here.
PAID FOR BY MOVEON.ORG POLITICAL ACTION, http://pol.moveon.org/. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. This email was sent to eddie alfaro on January 28, 2014. To change your email address or update your contact info, click here. To remove yourself from this list, click here.