Dear MoveOn member,
Over the last six months, thousands of MoveOn members have made a difference in their communities using our free online organizing platform. Here are just a few of our recent victories:
- Sheila Thomas helped pass the Violence Against Women Act by gathering more than 219,000 signatures on her petition and mobilizing the signers to contact their congressional representatives.
- Trina McDonald stood up to military sexual assault by starting a petition that led to U.S. Senator Kirsten Gillibrand introducing the Military Justice Improvement Act.
- Marcel Neergaard, a brave bullying survivor, started and won a successful campaign to rescind a national award given to a state legislator who sponsored a "Don't Say Gay" law.
We're bringing a MoveOn Organizing Summit directly to you in New York City on Saturday and Sunday, November 16-17. It's free, powerful, and there's a limit to how many people can attend—so sign up today for Saturday or both days!
This Organizing Summit will combine presentations by experts with hands-on exercises, networking, and activities. We're teaming up with the experts at the New Organizing Institute to ensure that every attendee leaves the training with:
- New connections and friendships with hundreds of MoveOn members in your area and a better understanding of all the progressive issues there.
- A strong online petition already gathering signatures to build a base ready to be mobilized into action—like MoveOn member Lyndia Storey's petition to stop Navy sonar testing that would deafen and kill marine life, which got more than 500,000 signatures.
- Your own strategic campaign plan for how to build the momentum needed to win—like MoveOn member Robert Applebaum did with his student loan debt campaign, which got a direct response from President Obama.
Thanks for all you do.–Amy, David, Mariana, Rosy, and the rest of the team
Want to support our work? We're entirely funded by our 8 million members—no corporate contributions, no big checks from CEOs. And our tiny staff ensures that small contributions go a long way. Chip in here.
PAID FOR BY MOVEON.ORG POLITICAL ACTION, http://pol.moveon.org/. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. This email was sent to eddie alfaro on October 31, 2013. To change your email address or update your contact info, click here. To remove yourself from this list, click here.