Thank you for signing up to attend a #ResistanceRecess event, making it clear to lawmakers that tolerance of Trump's hurtful agenda is unacceptable and politically toxic.
MoveOn members are part of over 600 events in all 50 states during this congressional recess -- including many happening this weekend. Over 100,000 people are expected to participate overall, and more than 1 million people have visited ResistanceRecess.com just one week after it was launched. We are absolutely getting lawmakers' and the national media's attention. Public support for the ACA is on the rise, and lawmakers are starting to call for more investigations into the Trump administration's ties to Russia.1 And one GOP lawmaker said today that because of our pressure, there might not be enough votes to repeal the ACA!2
Your feedback is critical—it helps us learn and maximize our impact as we plan future actions.
In addition to telling us about your experience, here are a few important steps to take after your event:
- National Ready to Resist Call - Sunday, February 26, 8 p.m. ET (7 CT/6 MT/5 PT). Join us Sunday evening for our national Ready to Resist Call for everyone who took part in this week's #ResistanceRecess actions. Come and share your experience, hear stories from others who participated around the country, and look to what's next after #ResistanceRecess. Click here to register for Sunday's national Ready to Resist Call.
- On Tuesday, we're back at it, with actions across the country as part of #ResistTrumpTuesdays, the weekly events we've led with Working Families Party and People's Action. Search for the nearest event by clicking here. (It's also okay to take a rest!)
- We're gearing up for Tax Day Marches—a national day of action in April—to call out Trump's refusal to reveal his taxes, divest from his businesses, and allow the American people to know the truth about how he may be personally benefiting from the decisions he makes in the Oval Office.
Thanks for all you do.
—Katie, Vicki, Chris, Emma, and the rest of the team
P.S. If you have pictures of your event, send photos to email@example.com, post them on social media using #ResistanceRecess and tag @MoveOn, and share them on Slack. If you took Facebook Live or other video during the event, share the link to your videos here.
1. "Republican lawmakers face town town hall crowds' fury during 'resistance recess,'" The Guardian, February 22, 2017
2. "GOP Rep.: O'care repeal may not have enough votes after town hall pressure," Talking Points Memo, February 24, 2017
Want to support our work? The MoveOn community will work every moment, day by day and year by year, to resist Trump's agenda, contain the damage, defeat hate with love, and begin the process of swinging the nation's pendulum back toward sanity, decency, and the kind of future that we must never give up on. And to do it we need your ongoing support, now more than ever. Will you stand with us?
Contributions to MoveOn.org Civic Action are not tax deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes. This email was sent to Eddie Alfaro on February 25th, 2017. To change your email address or update your contact info, click here. To remove yourself from this list, click here.