Dear MoveOn member,
You might have heard this: BP is so well connected in Washington that even after being cited for 760 different safety and environmental violations, the company still got environmental waivers for the Deepwater Horizon rig that's now destroying the Gulf.1 But BP's not alone in using its DC influence.
Check out the list below of other companies' outrages—then pass it along.
This is exactly why the "Fight Washington Corruption Pledge" that you endorsed last week is so important.
130,000 of us have already endorsed the pledge—but we need thousands more folks on board to convince politicians to sign on. Can you forward this list to your friends and ask them to sign the pledge?
They can sign it here:
Think this list will make your friends' blood boil? Share it with them onor forward this email ask them to endorse the Fight Washington Corruption Pledge:
Thanks for all you do,
–Ilyse, Robin, Milan, Amy and the rest of the team
1. "BP's latest plan succeeding, but may make spill worse," Newsweek, June 2, 2010.
2. "GE, Exxon Paid No U.S. Income Taxes in 2009," ABC News, April 6, 2010
3. "Why is Dick Cheney Silent on the Oil Spill?" Newsweek, June 10, 2010
4. "Other Massey Mines Showed A Pattern Of Violations," NPR, April 13, 2010
5. "Monsanto's man Taylor returns to FDA in food-czar role," Grist, July 8, 2009
6. "Toyota tried to cut costs on recalls," Los Angeles Times, February 22, 2010
7. "GE vice chairman openly challenges Gates over F-35 fighter jet engine," The Hill, June 17, 2010
8. "Bankers Reaped Lavish Bonuses During Bailouts," The New York Times, July 30, 2009
9. "Bush Rule Changes Curtail Rights of States, Consumers," Wall Street Journal, October 15, 2008
10. "UVA Reform: It's Not PDQ," The New York Times, June 23, 2010
11. "BP's latest plan succeeding, but may make spill worse," Newsweek, June 2, 2010.
Want to support our work? We're entirely funded by our 5 million members—no corporate contributions, no big checks from CEOs. And our tiny staff ensures that small contributions go a long way. Chip in here.
PAID FOR BY MOVEON.ORG POLITICAL ACTION, http://pol.moveon.org/. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. This email was sent to eddie alfaro on July 8, 2010. To change your email address or update your contact info, click here. To remove yourself from this list, click here.