- Thousands of Wisconsin MoveOn members attended the massive demonstrations in Madison, made calls to their state legislators, and sent almost 10,000 messages to Governor Walker, which protesters plastered all over the walls outside Walker's office when he refused to accept them.
- MoveOn members contributed more than $100,000 to the Wisconsin 14, the brave Democratic state senators who left the state to prevent Republicans from jamming through Walker's proposal—providing them a huge boost to fight back against Republican attacks.
- MoveOn members sent more than 260,000 statements of support to the Wisconsin 14. We delivered the statements—all 5,700 pages of them—to State Senator Chris Larson. He was thrilled to share them with his colleagues and posted on Facebook: "Thank you for standing with us! (And yes, people actually do get paper copies of those forms you fill out online. Thank you MoveOn.org)."
- MoveOn members nationwide contributed more than $445,000 to support the efforts to recall the Republican state senators who refuse to negotiate. The folks running the recall report they're off to an amazing start, beating their signature goal in the first weekend by 35%, and they're hugely grateful for the early fundraising.
- MoveOn members held solidarity rallies in every state capital—our biggest in years, and on just four days' notice—to say that we are all Wisconsin and we won't stand by while Republicans try to kill the American Dream.
–Daniel, Joan, Kat, Lenore, and the rest of the team
P.S. With Republicans in Washington pushing devastating federal budget cuts—to education, student loans, NPR, environmental protection, family planning, health and nutrition programs for pregnant women and small children, and more—we're looking to highlight the stories of those who'd be affected by the cuts. If any of the Republican budget cuts would affect you or your family, please click here to share your story:
Want to support our work? We're entirely funded by our 5 million members—no corporate contributions, no big checks from CEOs. And our tiny staff ensures that small contributions go a long way. Chip in here.
PAID FOR BY MOVEON.ORG POLITICAL ACTION, http://pol.moveon.org/. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. This email was sent to eddie alfaro on March 8, 2011. To change your email address or update your contact info, click here. To remove yourself from this list, click here.