Dear MoveOn member,
This is it: The fate of health care reform will be decided in the next 48 hours.
It could come down to a vote or two. And that means that right now, every last message to Congress makes a difference.
It's an all-hands-on-deck moment. Even if you've already called and written your representative, it's time to send one last message. If you haven't yet weighed in, now's the time.
So we're launching a huge emergency petition before the big vote—clicking below will add your name. And please send this on to friends, neighbors, colleagues, former roommates, and anyone who cares about health care reform.
Because members of Congress carefully count the messages they get in the hours before a vote, we'll keep delivering petition signatures right up until the final roll call.
So please pass this message along to your friends immediately—and let them know how passing health care reform will benefit all of us. Upon passage, the legislation will immediately:
- Prohibit pre-existing condition exclusions for children in all new plans (and for everyone soon thereafter);
- Prohibit dropping people from coverage when they get sick in all individual plans;
- Lower seniors' prescription drug prices by beginning to close the donut hole;
- Offer tax credits to small businesses to purchase coverage;
- Eliminate lifetime limits and restrictive annual limits on benefits in all plans; and
- Require plans to cover an enrollee's dependent children until age 26.1
Click here to add your name to the petition:
Thanks for all you do.
–Kat, Michael, Lenore, Ilya, and the rest of the team
1. "The Top Ten Immediate Benefits You'll Get When Health Care Reform Passes," Democratic Caucus, U.S. House of Representatives, March 16, 2010
Want to support our work? We're entirely funded by our 5 million members—no corporate contributions, no big checks from CEOs. And our tiny staff ensures that small contributions go a long way. Chip in here.
PAID FOR BY MOVEON.ORG POLITICAL ACTION, http://pol.moveon.org/. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. This email was sent to eddie alfaro on March 19, 2010. To change your email address or update your contact info, click here. To remove yourself from this list, click here.