Dear MoveOn member,
We're down to the wire on FAIR ELECTIONS for NY...only a bit more than a week till end of session.
The Assembly passed the bill in May; now we must convince our Governor Cuomo, the NY Senate's Independent Democratic leader Jeff Klein, and Majority Leader Dean Skelos that we need public financing! Our message? "Do the right thing. Don't go home without it!"
Please call your Governor Andrew Cuomo (518-474-8390), Dean Skelos (518-455-3171) and Jeff Klein (518-455-3595). Remind them:
- 91% of New Yorkers say political corruption is a serious problem in NY1
- More than 70% of likely voters in New York favor public financing of elections to fix this problem2
- Public financing will cost about $2 per citizen PER YEAR.3
We can't afford NOT TO DO IT!
These calls count. The operator's job is to take your message for the boss. Please call EARLY and OFTEN!
Thanks for all you do... If you don't, who will?
MoveOn Regional Organizer
Thanks for all you do.
–Mark, Lenore, Joan, Wes, and the rest of the team
1. "New York Voters Expect More Political Corruption Busts—And Say Their Reps Might Be Next: Siena," NY Daily News, April 22, 2013
2. "New Bipartisan Poll: New York Voters Overwhelmingly Agree Campaign Finance Reform is Key to Ending Corruption," Fair Elections for New York, May 6, 2013
3. "Study: Public campaigns will cost less than $2/person," Capitol Confidential, December 3, 2013
Want to support our work? MoveOn Civic Action is entirely funded by our 8 million members—no corporate contributions, no big checks from CEOs. And our tiny staff ensures that small contributions go a long way. Chip in here.
This email was sent to eddie alfaro on June 13, 2013. To change your email address or update your contact info, click here. To remove yourself from this list, click here.