- "Rahm Emanuel besieged by the left" 1
- "Garcia vs. Emanuel could be proxy for fight within national party"2
- "Progressives Celebrate Rahm Emanuel's Surprise Setback in Chicago"3
A Garcia victory would be a historic watershed not just for Chicago or for Democrats but for all progressives. It wouldn't just frighten the Wall Street Dems who now reign over their national party. It would alter the terms of debate even beyond the party and prove, to cynics and to ourselves, that the power of ideas is still greater than the power of money and that grass-roots politics is not dead.4
1. "Rahm Emanuel besieged by the left," Politico, February 25, 2015
2. "Garcia vs. Emanuel could be proxy for fight within national party," Chicago Tribune, February 27, 2015
3. "Progressives Celebrate Rahm Emanuel's Surprise Setback in Chicago," Bloomberg, February 25, 2015
4. "Rahm Emanuel's moment of reckoning: How he ended up in a fight for his political life," Salon, March 1, 2015
5. "New poll: Emanuel, Garcia in 'dead heat' in mayoral runoff," Chicago Sun-Times, March 1, 2015
6. "How Will Rahm's Role in NAFTA Play in the Mayor's Race?" Chicago, October 15, 2010
7. "Chief of Staff Draws Fire From Left as Obama Falters," The Wall Street Journal, January 26, 2010
8. "Rahm Emanuel vs. Jesus 'Chuy' Garcia on the issues," MoveOn.org, February 21, 2015
9. "Jesus 'Chuy' Garcia's journey from a village in Mexico to the race against Mayor Emanuel," Chicago Reader, January 21, 2015
Want to support our work? We're entirely funded by our 8 million members—no corporate contributions, no big checks from CEOs. And our tiny staff ensures that small contributions go a long way. Start a monthly donation here or chip in a one-time donation here.
PAID FOR BY MOVEON.ORG POLITICAL ACTION, http://pol.moveon.org/. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. This email was sent to eddie alfaro on March 7, 2015. To change your email address or update your contact info, click here. To remove yourself from this list, click here.