Dear MoveOn member,
Senator Elizabeth Warren is facing a Super PAC that has pledged to spend $10 million to defeat her. Senators Tammy Baldwin of Wisconsin and Sherrod Brown of Ohio are champions of progressive populism, running for reelection in two states that went for Donald Trump.
Can you imagine how last week's health care vote would have gone without them—or without progressive Senate champions Bernie Sanders of Vermont, Mazie Hirono of Hawaii, and Chris Murphy of Connecticut, all of whom are up for reelection next year?
That's why, following last Thursday's historic vote, MoveOn members chose to endorse these six senators. They were leaders in the health care fight, and they're also the senators we need to fight for a fair economy and sensible foreign policy, to tackle climate change and gun control, to protect civil rights and human rights, and so much more.
We need to keep these progressive champions in the Senate. Will you chip in $6 now to help reelect them?
These six senators have worked tirelessly to stop Trump's attempts to divide our country, shred our Constitution, and hurt the livelihoods of regular Americans. And they're critical in helping build the progressive agenda we need to see in Washington.
- Bernie Sanders of Vermont has spent decades leading on progressive issues, from universal health care to publicly funded elections to opposing unjust wars. As we all know, he's been tirelessly rallying Americans to resist Trump and advocate for progressive policies like Medicare for All. He's worked with MoveOn members to defend Social Security and Medicaid and just last month hit the road at MoveOn-sponsored rallies against Trumpcare. Donate now to support his reelection.
- Elizabeth Warren of Massachusetts has proven that Democrats can successfully stand up to Wall Street. She helped create the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, has forcefully pushed for reforms to student debt, and has worked alongside MoveOn members to tackle income inequality. The Senate tried to silence her outspoken opposition to Jeff Sessions for attorney general in the Senate, but still she persisted. And her vocal criticism of how billionaires have rigged the economy against working people has made her a top target of right-wing groups. Donate now to support her reelection.
- Sherrod Brown of Ohio is a true champion for working people everywhere. He's leading the fights for a $15 minimum wage and an infrastructure plan that would put millions more Americans to work. He's showing what true populism looks like in a state Trump won handily—and if he can win, it could be a model for how we beat Trump in 2020. Donate now to support his reelection.
- Tammy Baldwin of Wisconsin led on numerous progressive issues in the U.S. House before becoming the first openly gay candidate elected to the Senate in 2012. She's continued championing progressive issues such as universal health care and ending the revolving door for lobbyists in Washington. She's worked with MoveOn members to offer real solutions to tackling Big Money and the conflicts of interest that are poisoning our democracy. And she's in a state that Trump won last year, holding a seat Democrats need to hold on to. Donate now to support her reelection.
- Mazie Hirono of Hawaii was a leader in the House Progressive Caucus for years before bringing her strong principles to the Senate. Last week, she flew back to Washington, D.C., despite being recently diagnosed with cancer, to speak out powerfully on the floor of the Senate against Trumpcare. She has been an energizing and inspirational voice for MoveOn members in the fight for health care. Donate now to support her reelection.
- Chris Murphy of Connecticut was elected to the U.S. House in 2006 on an anti-Iraq War platform, and he has been advocating for a more progressive foreign policy in Congress ever since. As a U.S. senator, he championed the diplomatic agreement with Iran and has spoken forcefully about stopping future wars under Trump. And as the senator representing Newtown, he's never been afraid to take on the NRA and call for sensible gun legislation—even holding the Senate floor last summer to raise the alarm about assault weapons after the Orlando shooting. Donate now to support his reelection.
We need all six of these Health Care Heroes to keep fighting against the relentless attacks on Americans' health care and continue to fight to expand quality, affordable health care to more Americans.
But we also need them because the next bills Trump, Mitch McConnell, and Paul Ryan put forward—tax giveaways to the super rich, undermining protections for workers, and assaults on women's rights, voting rights, and immigrant rights—may also be down to the wire and come down to just one vote.
With the Senate this closely divided, every vote matters. We can't lose one vote. And we need these six champions to be in a strong position for their reelection so we can also inspire progressive candidates across the country and expand the playing field to flip other Senate and House seats.
So let's send a message today: If you are willing to fight for health care, fight for regular Americans, and fight against the Trump/McConnell agenda, we've got your back.
Will you chip in $6 now to reelect these six progressive leaders?
Thanks for all you do.
—Matt, Chris, Amy, Marie, and the rest of the team
Want to support our work? The MoveOn community will work every moment, day by day and year by year, to resist Trump's agenda, contain the damage, defeat hate with love, and begin the process of swinging the nation's pendulum back toward sanity, decency, and the kind of future that we must never give up on. And to do it we need your support, now more than ever. Will you stand with us?
PAID FOR BY MOVEON