Dear MoveOn member,
Donald Trump may be closer than ever to firing Robert Mueller and ending the Trump-Russia investigation. On Saturday, Trump's personal attorney called for Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein to fire special counsel Robert Mueller, while Trump targeted Mueller by name for the first time on Twitter.1, 2
If he does make a move, we'll be ready for him—because MoveOn members and our allies have already signed up to organize more than 800 rapid-response protests, with more than 250,000 MoveOn members pledged to attend—in the hours directly following a potential Mueller firing or a calculated move to stop the investigation.
Click here to join a rapid-response protest near you if Trump fires Mueller or otherwise ends the independent investigation—and share it with your friends. This way, you'll receive notice within hours of where to go to declare "Nobody Is Above the Law"—and you'll receive other updates in those critical hours and days after such a brazen abuse of power.
In the past 24 hours, more than 10,000 more people have signed up to join these events—help us build numbers that politicians and the media can't ignore!
The past few days have been a whirlwind, on top of a wild week, leading us to the highest level of alert in months.
According to reports:
- John Dowd, Trump's personal lawyer, called on the Justice Department on Saturday to end the special counsel investigation.3
- Mueller is said to have sent questions to Trump's legal team as part of negotiations over an interview with Trump.4
- Trump posted a tweet that specifically attacked Mueller. He again denounced the inquiry he is conducting as a "witch hunt."5
- Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe was fired and then announced that he kept detailed memos of correspondence with Trump about the investigation, which he's handed to the special counsel.6
- On Thursday, Mueller subpoenaed the Trump Organization's business records specifically connected to the Russia investigation, bringing the investigation potentially into the heart of Trump's conflicts of interest and unethical business practices.7
- And of course, the House Intelligence Committee shuttered its Russia investigation a week ago, giving Trump backing for his bogus claims of "No collusion!"8
Thanks for all you do.
Want to support our work? The MoveOn community will work every moment, day by day and year by year, to resist Trump's agenda, contain the damage, defeat hate with love, and begin the process of swinging the nation's pendulum back toward sanity, decency, and the kind of future that we must never give up on. And to do it we need your ongoing support, now more than ever. Will you stand with us?
Contributions to MoveOn.org Civic Action are not tax deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes. This email was sent to Eddie Alfaro on March 20th, 2018. To change your email address or update your contact info, click here. To remove yourself from this list, click here.