Friday, July 27, 2018

I'm hosting a Resist & Win Potluck for MoveOn members like you

There's one in your community too.

Dear Eddie,

My name is Jessie, and I'm a college student, a trainee social worker, and a MoveOn Resist & Win Leader. This weekend, I'm hosting not one but two Resist & Win Community Potlucks. Folks like you and me will be coming together with our neighbors, sharing a meal, and making plans to help end Republican control of the House.

I live about an hour from Salt Lake City, and I'm co-hosting a potluck there. But I'm also hosting one in Provo, a smaller town closer to me. There are progressives in towns and cities across the country who are ready to organize and fight back against Trump's attacks on our communities. And what better way to kick off our organizing from now until November 6 than by breaking bread together?

There's a Resist & Win Community Potluck near you in Brooklyn. Can you make it?

WHERE: My driveway (in Brooklyn)
WHEN: Sunday, July 29, 11:00 AM
WHAT: Connect with MoveOn Members near you at a Resist & Win Community Potluck!

Most of the time, when I go to rallies and protests, I head to Salt Lake City, where I joined thousands of other MoveOn members at the Families Belong Together marches last month. That incredible mobilization reminded me that even in dark times, there's still hope. Millions of people are fired up, and not just in big cities like Salt Lake City, either. In supposedly conservative suburbs like Provo and small towns like Turlock, MoveOn members are coming together this weekend and next week. And I hope you'll join us.

Click here to RSVP for your nearest potluck in Brooklyn.

See you in the streets—but first, I hope, at a potluck.

Your fellow MoveOn member,
–Jessie H.
Provo, UT

Want to support our work? The MoveOn community will work every moment, day by day and year by year, to resist Trump's agenda, contain the damage, defeat hate with love, and begin the process of swinging the nation's pendulum back toward sanity, decency, and the kind of future that we must never give up on. And to do it we need your ongoing support, now more than ever. Will you stand with us?

Yes, I'll chip in $5 a month.

No, I'm sorry, I can't make a monthly donation.


PAID FOR BY MOVEON.ORG POLITICAL ACTION, http://pol.moveon.org/. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

This email was sent to Eddie Alfaro on July 27th, 2018. To change your email address or update your contact info, click here. To remove yourself from this list, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment