Thursday, July 5, 2018

LAST CHANCE to Resist & Win. Join us, Eddie!

Today is the last day to apply to become a Resist & Win leader. Will you join me?

Dear Eddie,

My name is Marwa, and I'm a fellow MoveOn member from Verona, New Jersey.

Just last Friday, I celebrated my high school graduation. The next day, I hit the streets and marched for the end of family detention. On Sunday, I knocked on my neighbors' doors to talk about the upcoming midterm elections. 

This summer, I'll be attending MoveOn's Resist & Win Summer Camp to gain the skills I need to mobilize my community, elect inspiring representatives to Congress, and end GOP control of the House. Click here to learn more about the program and sign up to join me before the application closes tonight at midnight.

I grew up under the dictatorship of Hosni Mubarak. As a young person living in Egypt, I wasn't politically active and wasn't supposed to be. This changed after witnessing the Arab Spring. The power of the people, when coming together to stand for what they believe in, allowed me to find power within myself.

Now that I live in the United States, I see our communities getting buried under the hatred of the Trump administration. As ignorance and bigotry unrestrictedly grow, we are being pushed backward. Nevertheless, if people of good conscience come together in this country, I know we can win. We can build a loving and accepting country where ICE is abolished, where we don't profit off of mass incarceration, where we don't treat asylum-seekers as criminals, where we respect other people, regardless of our differences.

Last year, I participated in MoveOn's Resistance Summer program despite having never done anything political before. I didn't know where to start or how to become active, but Resistance Summer allowed me to step into the Resistance with ease. Not only did I gain the skills I needed to organize around the issues I cared about, I met so many people who still hold a special place in my heart. Together, we canvassed, we organized our first rally ever, and we pushed our elected officials on the issues. 

And now, although I'm starting my first year of college this fall, I knew I had to sign up for the Resist & Win program. I want to build on what I learned last year, increase political efficacy in my community, and help to elect more progressive leaders who can keep the Trump administration in check. The program hasn't even started yet, and I'm already thinking about the voter registration and voter contact events I'll organize at my college campus!

Click here right now if you're ready to join me. Remember, applications for this program will officially close at midnight tonight, so don't wait; register now! You don't need to have any prior experience to do this. 

MoveOn's Resist & Win program has three goals: 

  • End GOP control of the House.
  • Elect inspiring movement leaders and progressives up and down the ballot.
  • Build long-term power and community to enact our shared vision of racial justice, an economy that works for everyone, a safe and healthy planet, diplomacy not war, a country that values kids more than guns, and more progressive, commonsense values.  

This is it. This is how we win. We're taking the Resistance to the polls, and they're not ready for us.

–Marwa E., Resist & Win Leader and NJ MoveOn member

P.S. Not sure if this program is for you? Visit moveon.org/resistandwin to learn more about the program and then submit your application before midnight tonight. It only takes a few minutes!

Want to support our work? The MoveOn community will work every moment, day by day and year by year, to resist Trump's agenda, contain the damage, defeat hate with love, and begin the process of swinging the nation's pendulum back toward sanity, decency, and the kind of future that we must never give up on. And to do it we need your ongoing support, now more than ever. Will you stand with us?

Yes, I'll chip in $5 a month.

No, I'm sorry, I can't make a monthly donation.


PAID FOR BY MOVEON.ORG POLITICAL ACTION, http://pol.moveon.org/. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

This email was sent to Eddie Alfaro on July 5th, 2018. To change your email address or update your contact info, click here. To remove yourself from this list, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment