Dear MoveOn member,
Over the last six months, thousands of MoveOn members have made a difference in their communities using our free online organizing platform. Here are just a few of our recent victories:
- MoveOn members around the country, such as Jim Lautenbach in Wisconsin, held the Tea Party accountable by starting petitions and organizing hard-hitting events to end the government shutdown.
- Jesse Bacon, a Philadelphia parent, started a petition that pressured Governor Tom Corbett into releasing $45 million in school funding after a 12-year-old died of an asthma attack in a school that couldn't afford a nurse.
- Sheila Thomas in Ohio fueled the grassroots movement that helped pass a stronger Violence Against Women Act by gathering more than 219,000 signatures on her petition and mobilizing her signers put pressure on their congressional representatives.
We're bringing a MoveOn Organizing Summit directly to you in New York City on Saturday, December 7. Space is limited, so sign up today!
This Organizing Summit will combine presentations by experts with hands-on exercises and opportunities for networking with other leading progressive activists. We're teaming up with the experts at the New Organizing Institute to ensure that every attendee leaves the training with:
- New connections and friendships with hundreds of MoveOn members of the progressive issues facing the community.
- A strong online petition already gathering signatures to build a base ready to be mobilized for action—such as MoveOn member Lyndia Storey's petition to stop Navy sonar testing that would deafen and kill marine life, which got more than 500,000 signatures.
- Your own strategic campaign plan for how to build the momentum needed to win—as MoveOn member Robert Applebaum did with his student loan debt campaign, which got a direct response from President Obama.
Thanks for all you do.–Amy, David, Mariana, Rosy, and the rest of the team
Want to support our work? We're entirely funded by our 8 million members—no corporate contributions, no big checks from CEOs. And our tiny staff ensures that small contributions go a long way. Chip in here.
PAID FOR BY MOVEON.ORG POLITICAL ACTION, http://pol.moveon.org/. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. This email was sent to eddie alfaro on November 21, 2013. To change your email address or update your contact info, click here. To remove yourself from this list, click here.