This email is much longer than usual, but I hope you'll read until the end. Because this is not a drill.
Let's not mince words. The choice we face is ultimately between diplomacy and some form of war. Maybe not tomorrow, maybe not three months from now, but soon.
- Preventing a war before it begins.
- Showing it's possible to lead with diplomacy rather than war.
- Turning away from George Bush's foreign policy of preemptive, open-ended US wars in the Middle East once and for all.
- Not letting Republican war hawks and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanayahu sabotage America's international credibility, which could harm our ability to reach future international agreements on foreign policy, climate—or really anything.
President Obama has done his part. He's gotten a deal. He's used his bully pulpit. He's held a call with thousands of MoveOn members. And on that call, he said quite clearly: He needs our help.
MoveOn members have already committed more than $500,000 to this effort since the deal was announced, but this is an all-hands-on-deck moment, so we need to double that. Will you chip in $3? Thanks for all you do.–Ilya
1. "Tom Cotton: We can bomb Iran's nuke program back to 'day zero,'" The Washington Post, August 5, 2015
Want to support our work? MoveOn member contributions have powered our work together for more than 17 years. Hundreds of thousands of people chip in each year—which is why we're able to be fiercely independent, answering to no individual, corporation, politician, or political party. You can become a monthly donor by clicking here, or chip in a one-time gift here.
PAID FOR BY MOVEON.ORG POLITICAL ACTION, http://pol.moveon.org/. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. This email was sent to eddie alfaro on August 25, 2015. To change your email address or update your contact info, click here. To remove yourself from this list, click here.