Monday, June 26, 2017

[petition] My dad

Will you sign and share my petition to Representative Bob Gibbs and ask him to do everything he can to keep my dad here with my family? 

Dear MoveOn member,

Immigration Customs and Enforcement is trying to take my father, Jesus Lara, away from me and my family.1

I'm a U.S. Citizen, and I don't know why Donald Trump is trying to take my dad. He is a great dad, he adopted me, and he's always been there for me, helping with my homework and making sure my brothers and sisters and I have what we need. I don't know what my future would be like without my dad.

Will you sign and share my petition to Representative Bob Gibbs (R-OH) and ask him to do everything he can to keep my dad here with my family? 

Please, Rep. Gibbs, do everything you can so my father can stay with us.

Jesus Lara is a longtime Ohio resident, an aspiring American, and the father of four U.S. citizens. Earlier this year, Jesus was told by Immigration and Custom Enforcement that he would be deported back to Mexico due to a traffic infraction from years ago.2

If elected officials like Rep. Gibbs fail to intervene, Jesus will be deported in just a few weeks.

Click here to add your name to this petition, and then pass it along to your friends.

Jesus is a loving father, taxpayer, homeowner, and valued member of the Willard, Ohio, community. He is active in his church and is known as a kind and helpful neighbor. He and his four U.S. citizen children recently traveled to Washington, D.C., to meet with congressional offices and build support for his case.

Congressman Bob Gibbs represents the Lara family in Washington, D.C., and his office is looking into the case—but there's so much more he can do. If we want to stop Jesus's deportation, then we need leaders like Congressman Gibbs to use their power to help the Lara family and get ICE to stop this deportation.

Click here to add your name to this petition, and then pass it along to your friends.

Thank you.

—Eric Lara

Sources: 

1. "One Ohio Town's Immigration Clash, Down in the Actual Muck," The New York Times, June 18, 2017
https://act.moveon.org/go/10797?t=18&akid=185166.10220574.eingio

2. Ibid.

You're receiving this petition because we thought it might interest you. It was created on MoveOn.org, where anyone can start their own online petitions. You can start your own petition here.

Want to support our work? The MoveOn community will work every moment, day by day and year by year, to resist Trump's agenda, contain the damage, defeat hate with love, and begin the process of swinging the nation's pendulum back toward sanity, decency, and the kind of future that we must never give up on. And to do it we need your ongoing support, now more than ever. Will you stand with us?

Yes, I'll chip in $5 a month.

No, I'm sorry, I can't make a monthly donation.

 

Contributions to MoveOn.org Civic Action are not tax deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes. This email was sent to Eddie Alfaro on June 26th, 2017. To change your email address or update your contact info, click here. To remove yourself from this list, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment