Thanks so much for signing up to attend a Families Belong Together event tomorrow! Your participation will help amplify our national demand that the Trump administration end its cruel practices that are punishing children and families. There are more than 750 events around the country, and we expect tens of thousands of folks in the streets!
Here are the details for the event you signed up for:
What: Families Belong Together: Freedom for Immigrants
When: TOMORROW, Saturday, June 30, 11:00 AM
Where: City Hall - 200 N Spring St, Los Angeles, CA 90012
Your Event Dashboard, where you can contact your host, invite friends, and more:
Here are a few tips to keep in mind as you get ready to ensure you have a great experience and make the biggest impact:
- Wear white! Participants across the country will be wearing white to create a compelling, memorable visual that can be captured easily by press cameras. And wearing white has a long tradition through movements for racial and social justice—and has been embraced by many activists on both sides of the border.
- Prepare for the heat. It's summer! There is a serious heatwave in many parts of the country. Bring water. Bring extra water! Wear sunscreen. Bring a hat. Keep yourself comfortable while speaking out.
- Amplify your impact via social media! Follow these easy instructions on broadcasting from the event using Facebook Live, and post photos on social media using the hashtag #FamiliesBelongTogether and tagging @MoveOn. (Using the same hashtag helps folks all across the country track the work you are doing.) After the event, send us the link to your Facebook Live videos using this form. When shooting video or taking photos, turn your camera horizontally, as this will allow the image to appear bigger on mobile phones.
- Invite your friends. The more people who show up tomorrow, the more we can build on our momentum and force a change in these cruel policies. Call friends and family and ask them to come along.
- Check out the event materials. Go to the event dashboard to print signs, learn some chants, and read messaging guidance on the family separation fight.
After the dizzying and terrifying news week—Supreme Court decisions that undermined the rights of voters, Muslims, and workers; a Supreme Court vacancy that could amount to a generational attack on reproductive justice and LGBTQ equality; and the senseless gun violence in Annapolis yesterday—we know that we are ready to take to the streets! Tomorrow's actions—focused on the moral crisis manufactured by the Trump administration's inhumane policies—are a chance to show the White House, the nation, and the world that we are rising up for justice and compassion and against senseless, terrifying cruelty.
We appreciate your commitment to engage in nonviolent, peaceful action, to act lawfully, and to strive to de-escalate any potential confrontations with those who may disagree with our values. Be sure to review these de-escalation tips ahead of time.
Thanks for all you do.
–Emma, David, Jenn, Erica, and the rest of the team
Want to support our work? The MoveOn community will work every moment, day by day and year by year, to resist Trump's agenda, contain the damage, defeat hate with love, and begin the process of swinging the nation's pendulum back toward sanity, decency, and the kind of future that we must never give up on. And to do it we need your ongoing support, now more than ever. Will you stand with us?
Contributions to MoveOn.org Civic Action are not tax deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes. This email was sent to Eddie Alfaro on June 29th, 2018. To change your email address or update your contact info, click here. To remove yourself from this list, click here.