Dear MoveOn member,
We have a real shot to end Republican control of Congress in just over 50 days. That's why millions of MoveOn members are gearing up for a once-in-a-lifetime sprint to the November 6, 2018 midterm election.
Winning on Election Day means that we'll be able to exercise a real check on the brutal Trump Republican agenda and usher in a new slate of progressive representatives who will fight for an agenda of opportunity and justice for all. Join tens of thousands of fellow MoveOn members this Sunday, September 16, on a Resist and Win national organizing conference call on "The Midterm Elections: What's at Stake and How We'll Win."
Also, on the call, you'll hear from MoveOn leaders and progressive champion Senator Jeff Merkley about why the stakes are so high this year—and what you can do to help.
Because you have registered for our Sunday night national organizing call series in the past, a few minutes before the training begins, you'll receive a call at the phone number you previously listed. No further actions is required, though you can click here to register a different phone number or come back to this link at the time of the call to listen via computer.
This election is about taking on a rigged system that's been working for Trump and his Big Money corporate and billionaire donors. It's about fighting back against attacks on our communities. And it's about fueling a blue wave so mighty we can sweep Republicans out of Congress with candidates who will fight for single-payer health care, immigrant rights, sweeping criminal justice reform, living wages, environmental justice, and so much more.
Join Sunday's call to hear from these exciting guests:
- Senator Jeff Merkley (D-OR), who broke the news this week that the Trump administration diverted nearly $10 million dollars from the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), the agency tasked with carrying out Trump's anti-immigrant agenda.
- Carmen Vela, a MoveOn Resist & Win Leader and retired teacher from Texas, who will report back from her local organizing to elect Beto O'Rourke. Tune in to hear how surprised she's been to meet so many like-minded people in her conservative town, and how you can get involved in your area.
- Xochitl Oseguera, a Campaign Director at MomsRising, who will highlight next important steps in the fight to end the family separation crisis and stop the Trump administration's attacks on immigrant communities.
- Eskedar Getahun, Team Lead at MoveOn's breakthrough program, Real Voter Voices, who will teach us how a 30-second selfie video—made on your own phone—can help swing an election.
- Rahna Epting, Managing Director of MoveOn's Electoral Program, who will host the call.
Part update, part training, part invitation to take action, and part rally, this hourlong Resist & Win call will energize and activate tens of thousands of us for the 50-day sprint to November 6.
If we all work together now, November 6 could be the definitive, undeniable moment that serves as proof we're changing the course of our country. It'll take all of us. I hope you'll join in.
Thanks for all you.
—Corinne, Isbah, Chris, Josh, and the rest of the team
Are you ready to help power a blue wave? MoveOn is in the middle of the largest midterm elections campaign in our 20-year history to end GOP control of Congress this November and build a country that we can all be proud of. We will reach out to millions of voters before Election Day, volunteer in massive numbers, organize, and win. With less than two months left until Election Day, we need your help—now more than ever. Will you stand with us?
PAID FOR BY MOVEON