Thank you for signing up to join the Sunday evening Ready to Resist call series!
You'll receive a phone call tonight, Sunday, February 26, at 8 p.m. ET (7 CT/6 MT/5 PT) at the number you provided when you subscribed to these calls. You can also listen in and ask questions via the livestream of the call at moveon.org/readytoresist.
If you'd like to change the phone number you want us to dial for the call, you can do so by re-registering at moveon.org/readytoresist before 4:30 p.m. ET.
This week, we'll celebrate the success of #ResistanceRecess and plan out what's next.
Can you let your friends and family know about the #ResistanceRecess kickoff call tonight?
Click here to spread info about the call on Twitter.
Get a few friends to listen to the call together and plan for the week!
Check out this powerhouse lineup of speakers and trainers for tonight's call:
- Paola Mendoza, Creative Director for the historic Women's March, will provide a political update on another astonishing week, including both the success of #ResistanceRecess and renewed attacks on immigrants and transgender students.
- You! We'll have an opportunity to hear stories of what worked from successful actions around the country so we can learn how to build our power.
- Nelini Stamp, National Membership Director with Working Families Party, will roll out actions we can take this week as Trump prepares his first address to Congress.
- Jennifer Epps-Addison, Co-Executive Director of the Center for Popular Democracy, will host the call.
On Friday, the CNN headline read, "Town hall protests may prevent Obamacare repeal".1
Together we are making a difference! More than 100,000 people organized or joined more than 600 events this week during what MoveOn members and allies dubbed "Resistance Recess" while members of Congress were home from Washington. More than 1 million unique visitors have visited resistancerecess.com, which has been featured on "Good Morning America" and dozens of national, state, and local media outlets.
Tonight, we'll celebrate and learn from our successes this week, and prepare for what comes next.
Talk with you tonight!
Thanks for all you do.
—Victoria, Amy, Manny, Michael, and the rest of the team
P.S. This week, Congress returns to Washington, but we're not letting them return to business as usual. As Trump gives his first address to Congress on Tuesday, MoveOn members and allies are organizing "People's Addresses" around the country. Look for an event near you, or sign up to host one!
1. "GOP Rep. Mo Brooks says town hall protests may prevent Obamacare repeal", CNN, February 24, 2017
Want to support our work? The MoveOn community will work every moment, day by day and year by year, to resist Trump's agenda, contain the damage, defeat hate with love, and begin the process of swinging the nation's pendulum back toward sanity, decency, and the kind of future that we must never give up on. And to do it we need your ongoing support, now more than ever. Will you stand with us?
Contributions to MoveOn.org Civic Action are not tax deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes. This email was sent to Eddie Alfaro on February 26th, 2017. To change your email address or update your contact info, click here. To remove yourself from this list, click here.