Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Introducing ...

Change almost never happens from the top down, it almost always occurs from the bottom up. I will do everything I can from the White House, but what this moment requires is people in the streets fighting for change, and electing a Congress that is willing

I've told you throughout this campaign, sisters and brothers, that no candidate for president, not Bernie Sanders, not the greatest president you could possibly imagine, can take on the billionaire class alone.

When I am elected president, I am going to need progressives in Congress who are willing to continue the fight we started in this campaign. Here are three:

Zephyr Teachout literally wrote the book on political corruption and is running for Congress in New York. Pramila Jayapal helped lead the fight for a $15 minimum wage and paid sick leave in Seattle, where she’s now running for Congress. Lucy Flores is a progressive champion running for Congress in Nevada and one of the most courageous people I’ve met on the campaign trail. I need them with me in Washington, D.C., and that’s why I have to ask:

Split a $2.70 contribution between Bernie 2016, Lucy Flores, Pramila Jayapal, Zephyr Teachout, and MoveOn.

Change almost never happens from the top down, it almost always occurs from the bottom up. I will do everything I can from the White House, but what this moment requires is people in the streets fighting for change and electing a Congress that is willing to stand with them.

If we are able to successfully combine those three elements, nothing will be able to stop us. That is the political revolution.

In solidarity,

Bernie Sanders


PAID FOR BY MOVEON.ORG POLITICAL ACTION, http://pol.moveon.org/. Authorized by BERNIE 2016.

No comments:

Post a Comment