Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Yesterday, I was told to leave the United States.

Will you sign and share my petition to ensure families such as mine are not ripped apart and sent back to nations devastated by disasters and war?

Dear MoveOn member,

Yesterday, I was told to leave the United States. The Temporary Protected Status (TPS) program has allowed me to stay in the United States to seek safety from violence in El Salvador where I was born, but the Trump administration announced it will not renew protections for nearly 200,000 Salvadorans, including me.

As a working mother of four children who were born in the United States, I may be forced to rip my family apart and return to a nation devastated by a horrific and violent civil war. And I'm not alone.

That's why next week I'll be delivering this petition to Congress along with MomsRising and other organizations, calling on senators and representatives to find a permanent bipartisan solution in order to protect the hundreds of thousands of immigrants with Temporary Protected Status. Will you help me reach as many people as possible by signing and sharing this petition immediately? Click here to sign.

I am calling on Congress to find a permanent bipartisan solution to protecting immigrants with TPS. Please sign my petition to ensure families like mine are not ripped apart and sent back to nations devastated by disasters and war.

Taking away TPS or letting it expire has thrown families such as mine into chaos, as mothers and fathers lose their legal status to stay in the country. We could be forced to decide whether to divide our families or to take our children to dangerous and unfamiliar situations.

Congress needs to act before hard-working families have their lives torn apart. Click here to sign and share my petition before I personally deliver it next week.

TPS recipients are mothers, neighbors, caregivers, business owners, and community members. We are parents to children who have lived in the United States their whole lives and know no other home.

Removing TPS recipients from the country is inhumane, and it also makes no economic sense. It would cost the U.S. economy $164 billion over 10 years!

Click here to add your name to this petition, and then pass it along to your friends.

Thanks!

–Gabriela, MomsRising

You're receiving this petition because we thought it might interest you. It was created on MoveOn.org, where anyone can start their own online petitions. You can start your own petition here.

Want to support our work? The MoveOn community will work every moment, day by day and year by year, to resist Trump's agenda, contain the damage, defeat hate with love, and begin the process of swinging the nation's pendulum back toward sanity, decency, and the kind of future that we must never give up on. And to do it we need your ongoing support, now more than ever. Will you stand with us?

Yes, I'll chip in $5 a month.

No, I'm sorry, I can't make a monthly donation.

No comments:

Post a Comment