Wednesday, September 30, 2020

I am urgently asking you

I have the utmost faith in what Joe and Kamala will be able to accomplish, but they can't win this fight alone.

Mar,

In a second, I'm going to ask you to pitch in $3 to Joe Biden's final end-of-quarter goal of the election. But first, give me a moment to explain.

Make no mistake: As much as this election is about removing an unfit president, it's equally about restoring decency and empathy to a position that absolutely requires it.

Joe Biden knows what it's like to make some of the toughest decisions in the world while still leading with kindness and a respect for humanity. I know, because I saw him do it myself.

I have the utmost faith in what Joe and Kamala will be able to accomplish, but they can't win this fight alone. Now is the opportunity we've been waiting for to restore empathy and decency to our highest office and build a better, brighter future for our kids and generations to come.

But look, I know that the last stretch of the campaign is the hardest, and you have to give it everything you've got at the tail end to bring home the victory. That's why I'm asking you to help Joe and Kamala raise enough to hit their goal in New York by their end-of-quarter deadline at midnight tonight.

So, Mar, I'm personally asking you to help Joe and Kamala in New York between now and their public fundraising deadline at 11:59 p.m. tonight. We cannot afford to fall short here. Can I count on you to chip in $3 to their campaign today?

For eight years, Joe stood by my side at the White House. I'm so proud of what we accomplished together during that time.

Because Joe is the kind of person you want in charge when times are tough. He's experienced pain and loss. He has empathy for those who are going through a hard time. And through it all, he is a unifier, bringing together folks from all sides to find real solutions.

Mar, I know I'd feel a lot better right now if Joe were sitting in the Oval Office.

We can make that our reality. But we all have to work hard now to make it happen. There are only 34 days left until Election Day, and we have to make every single one of them count. From experience, I know how important these fundraising deadlines are, and I don't want to see Joe fall short.

So, Mar, can I count on you to make a contribution today? Chip in what you can, and let's send Joe and Kamala to the White House to turn their vision of a better, fairer, stronger country into reality.

Thank you,

Barack Obama

Want to support MoveOn's work? The MoveOn community is working every moment, day by day, to defeat Donald Trump and the GOP and begin the process of swinging the nation's pendulum back toward sanity, decency, and the kind of future that we must never give up on. But it will take each of us doing our part to defeat Trump and flip the Senate!

Will you chip in $3 a week to help MoveOn combat right-wing lies, make sure every vote is counted, and win this election?

Count me in.

No, I'm sorry, I can't chip in weekly.


PAID FOR BY MOVEON.ORG POLITICAL ACTION, http://pol.moveon.org/. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee.

This email was sent to Mar Alfaro on September 30, 2020. To change your email address or update your contact info, click here. MoveOn's privacy policy was recently updated. To read our new privacy policy, click here. To remove yourself from this list, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment