Late last night, anti-abortion hackers reportedly attacked Planned Parenthood. The hackers say that they plan to release internal Planned Parenthood emails "soon."1
MoveOn has launched an emergency effort to defend Planned Parenthood by mobilizing public support. Will you chip in $3—and stand with Planned Parenthood in its moment of need?
- Two weeks ago, a heavily edited, blatantly misleading video was released attacking Planned Parenthood.2
- Within days of the video's release, Republicans in Congress started scheduling votes to defund Planned Parenthood and preparing even broader attacks on abortion rights.3
- Next, another deceiving, doctored video was released, continuing the smear campaign against the largest reproductive health care provider in America.4
- Yesterday, Senator Rand Paul announced he's trying to force a vote to eliminate Planned Parenthood's federal funding.5
- Then late last night, Planned Parenthood's servers were reportedly hacked. The hackers plan to release internal emails "soon."6
It's clear that Planned Parenthood is under intense, sustained attack from the radical right. It's up to MoveOn members to stand with them now, and in the months ahead. Will you chip in $3 as we fight to defend Planned Parenthood?
It's particularly unnerving that employee information from Planned Parenthood may have been stolen last night. That could literally put lives at risk. A leader of one of the groups consulting on the anti-Planned Parenthood videos runs an organization whose members have bombed abortion clinics and assassinated an abortion provider.7
It's up to us to stand with the brave women and men of Planned Parenthood who are under attack—and who risk their lives to advocate for access to reproductive rights and abortion services.
Will you chip in $3 and show your support?
With your help, we'll flood Capitol Hill with phone calls and mobilize grassroots voices all over the country to defend Planned Parenthood. Will you chip in $3?
Thanks for all you do.
–Victoria, Maria, Matt, Nick, and the rest of the team
1. "Anti-abortion hackers attack Planned Parenthood, release databases, employee data," The Daily Dot, July 27, 2015
2. "Planned Parenthood: Video latest in 10 years' harassment," KSBY, accessed July 23, 2015
4. "Second Heavily Edited Planned Parenthood Attack Video Is Also a Big Bust," Slate, July 21, 2015
5. "Rand Paul pushes to defund Planned Parenthood as group cites 'smear' effort," The Guardian, July 26, 2015
6. "Anti-abortion hackers attack Planned Parenthood, release databases, employee data," The Daily Dot, July 27, 2015
7. "The Extreme And Violent Background Of The Group Consulting On The Anti-Planned Parenthood Videos," Media Matters for America, July 21, 2015
8. "Who We Are," PlannedParenthood.org, accessed July 26, 2015
Want to support our work? We're entirely funded by our 8 million members—no corporate contributions, no big checks from CEOs. And our tiny staff ensures that small contributions go a long way. Start a monthly donation here or chip in a one-time donation here.
PAID FOR BY MOVEON.ORG POLITICAL ACTION, http://pol.moveon.org/. Not authorized by any candidate or candidate's committee. This email was sent to eddie alfaro on July 27, 2015. To change your email address or update your contact info, click here. To remove yourself from this list, click here.