Dear fellow MoveOn member,
My son will die without an EpiPen—he literally has less than 10 minutes to get to a hospital with the pen. But Mylan, the multinational company that makes this life-saving drug, just ruthlessly raised the price. I can't afford to buy new pens at $300 per year, and the ones he already has expire in a couple of months. Pharmaceutical companies must stop this greedy price gouging now.
Will you join me in signing the petition to Mylan CEO Heather Bresch asking the company to stop price-gouging the EpiPen immediately?
Millions of children and adults in the U.S. are at risk of fatal allergic reactions from common occurrences, like getting stung by a bee or accidentally consuming peanuts.
A pocket-sized medical device called an EpiPen can be a literal life-saver for people with severe, life-threatening allergies.
But Mylan—the multinational pharmaceutical company that makes the EpiPen—has been steadily jacking up its price.
- In 2007, the wholesale price of an EpiPen in the U.S. was $57.1
- Today, just nine years later, it's over $300.2
- Even though each EpiPen contains only $1 worth of medicine.3
- Even though a two-pack is just $85 in France.4
- And even though Mylan, which has a near monopoly in the U.S., has seen its profits from the EpiPen alone skyrocket to $1 billion a year.5
1. "Senators Scrutinize Mylan Over EpiPen’s U.S. Price Increases," Bloomberg, August 22, 2016
2. "EpiPen Price Rise Sparks Concern for Allergy Sufferers," The New York Times, August 22, 2016
3. "How Marketing Turned the EpiPen Into a Billion-Dollar Business," Bloomberg, September 23, 2015
You're receiving this petition because we thought it might interest you. It was created on MoveOn.org, where anyone can start their own online petitions. You can start your own petition here.
Want to support our work? MoveOn member contributions have powered our work together for more than 17 years. Hundreds of thousands of people chip in each year—which is why we're able to be fiercely independent, answering to no individual, corporation, politician, or political party. You can become a monthly donor by clicking here, or chip in a one-time gift here.