Hi Eddie—I just wanted to make sure you saw my important message from the other day.
Dear MoveOn member,
This is Senator Elizabeth Warren, and I'd like to ask for a minute of your time to read this very important email.
Before the presidential debates, the presidential election was almost neck and neck.1 Many considered the Democrats real underdogs to win control of the Senate.2
Now, everything has changed.
After the debates, though we can't get complacent, Hillary is now a strong favorite. And Trump's implosion has created an opportunity for Democrats to not only take back the Senate, but possibly win with a 53- or 54-seat majority—which would be powerfully important for our ability to implement the progressive agenda we all support.3
That's why, when my friends at MoveOn asked me to help them expand their get-out-the-vote operation to take back the Senate, I immediately said yes.
So here's the deal: To make it all possible, MoveOn needs to raise $330,000. Will you chip in $3 to help out?
My friends at MoveOn have spent months building the most effective and sophisticated get-out-the-vote operation possible to beat Donald Trump, and it’s incredible.
Here are just a few of the high points (I couldn’t possibly list everything they’re doing in one email!):
- Busing thousands of MoveOn members from "safe states" into key swing states across the country to talk to voters one-on-one about voting for Hillary Clinton and progressive Democrats running for the Senate.
- Going door-to-door to turn out voters in key Senate battleground states that polls say are currently within the margin of error, including North Carolina, Nevada, New Hampshire, and Pennsylvania.
- Running video ads on social media strategically targeted at first-time voters and supporters of Bernie Sanders who might still be thinking about staying home this year.
- Ensuring that voting is conducted fairly by making sure voters know their rights, recruiting lawyers to monitor polling locations around the country, and being prepared to respond to voter intimidation or voting irregularities.
This is the kind of work that will give Democrats control of the Senate—but to have the resources to get it done, MoveOn needs to hit their $330,000 goal. Will you chip in $3?
Thanks for all you do.
—Senator Elizabeth Warren
1."2016 General Election: Trump vs. Clinton," HuffPost, accessed October 27, 2016
2. "2016 Senate Election Forecast," The New York Times, accessed October 27, 2016
3. "Who will win the Senate?" FiveThirtyEight, accessed October 27, 2016
Want to support our work? Former Labor Secretary Robert Reich says, "MoveOn was a crucial part of President Obama's legendary get-out-the-vote successes in 2008 and 2012. This year, they're running a massive get-out-the-vote operation in eight battleground states that will decide the election. And because MoveOn isn't part of a political party, they have the ability to connect with voters who have reservations about Clinton or aren't convinced their vote really matters." Will you chip in now to help MoveOn turn out voters in key battleground states that will decide this election?
PAID FOR BY MOVEON