Dear MoveOn member,
Thanks for signing up for the Sunday evening Ready to Resist calls with MoveOn, the Working Families Party, The Center for Popular Democracy, and People's Action!
On this Sunday's Ready to Resist call, we'll hear how we can raise our voices in support of the people of Syria and against reckless, dangerous, and illegal military action. We'll also prepare for the next two weeks of action over the congressional recess, when members of Congress will be home and during which MoveOn members and allies are already planning hundreds of actions including the Tax Marches on Saturday, April 15.
You'll receive a phone call tomorrow, Sunday, April 9, at 8 p.m. ET (7 CT/6 MT/5 PT) at the number you provided when you subscribed to these calls—it will come from 202-750-5203, in case you want to save the contact in your phone.
You can also listen in and ask questions via the live stream of the call at moveon.org/readytoresist starting at 8 p.m. ET (7 CT/6 MT/5 PT).
If you'd like to change the phone number you want us to dial for the call, you can do so by re-registering at moveon.org/readytoresist before 4:30 p.m. ET(3:30 CT/2:30 MT/1:30 PT) Sunday. If you'd like to remove yourself from the RSVP list to this and future calls, click here to change your status.
Can you let your friends know about this Sunday's Ready to Resist call?
Sunday's call will feature an all-star list of guests and trainers:
- Representative Maxine Waters, of California’s 43rd Congressional District, will fire us up about the urgency of the moment, how our Resistance movement is building the drumbeat to investigate Trump and get hold of his taxes, and what we can do over the coming weeks to be heard by her colleagues in Congress.
- Representative Barbara Lee, of California’s 13th Congressional District, will talk about the military escalation by Donald Trump in Syria and what a movement for peace and justice looks like in the Trump era.
- Nelini Stamp, National Membership Director of the Working Families Party and member of the National Tax March Organizing Committee, will talk about the importance of the Tax Marches taking place across the country next Saturday, April 15 (to demand Trump's Tax returns) and how to get involved in making them amazing.
- Beau Willimon, creator of the hit show "House of Cards," will share a view of the dark inner workings of Washington and why demanding transparency from Donald Trump and Congress is so crucial.
- Autumn Zemke, Co-Chair of the Carson City Working Families Party, will talk about a successful Resistance Recess event her group organized during the February recess and share tips to supercharge Resistance Recess Round 2 actions.
- Jennifer Epps-Addison, Network President of the Center for Popular Democracy, will moderate this Sunday's call.
Two months ago, we were faced with a unified Republican president, House, and Senate. Conventional wisdom was that we were about to lose on everything those Republicans had pledged to do. But we had hope. We got together and said "no!" We helped expose the reality that the promises to repeal the Affordable Care Act were empty and unpopular; that a "replacement" had to also be an improvement. And that we weren't going to let up, because we were organized, and we had each other—brothers and sisters in the Resistance.
Now, as we lurch toward military action that could embroil us in conflict while making matters worse in Syria; as Republicans, pretending they have a mandate to break the U.S. government, use the "nuclear option" to confirm extremist judge Neil Gorsuch to a lifelong seat on the Supreme Court; and as Trump continues to keep the potential conflicts of interest on his tax returns a secret, we need to speak up.
Talk with you Sunday!
Thanks for all you do.
—Victoria, Brian, Milan, Corinne, and the rest of the team
P.S. If you want a reminder of how powerful we were last time Congress came home, watch this clip from "Good Morning America" highlighting our actions.
Want to support our work? The MoveOn community will work every moment, day by day and year by year, to resist Trump's agenda, contain the damage, defeat hate with love, and begin the process of swinging the nation's pendulum back toward sanity, decency, and the kind of future that we must never give up on. And to do it we need your ongoing support, now more than ever. Will you stand with us?
Contributions to MoveOn.org Civic Action are not tax deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes. This email was sent to Eddie Alfaro on April 8th, 2017. To change your email address or update your contact info, click here. To remove yourself from this list, click here.