Dear MoveOn member,
Thank you for signing up to join the Sunday evening Ready to Resist call series!
You'll receive a phone call tomorrow, Sunday, April 2, at 8 p.m. ET (7 CT/6 MT/5 PT) at the number you provided when you subscribed to these calls—it will come from 202-750-5203, in case you want to save the contact in your phone.
If you'd like to change the phone number you want us to dial for the call, you can do so by re-registering at moveon.org/readytoresist before 4:30 p.m. ET(3:30 CT/2:30 MT/1:30 PT) Sunday. If you'd like to remove yourself from the RSVP list to this and future calls, click here to change your status.
You can also listen in and ask questions via the livestream of the call at moveon.org/readytoresist starting at 8 p.m. ET (7 CT/6 MT/5 PT).
This week's call is going to be so important, and our amazing speakers, including Senator Chuck Schumer and progressive powerhouse Heather McGhee, are up to the task. Despite the Trump team's being under an active criminal investigation, Mitch McConnell wants to ram Trump's lifetime Supreme Court appointment—extremist nominee Neil Gorsuch—through confirmation this week.1 We'll learn about the actions we can take this week to stop them.
Can you let your friends know about this Sunday's Ready to Resist call?
Sunday's call will feature an all-star list of guests and trainers:
- Heather McGhee, President of Demos, will fire us up with a vision of democracy and economic justice ahead of the vote on Trump's Supreme Court pick and the upcoming Tax Day protests.
- Senator Chuck Schumer, the top Senate Democrat, who is leading the charge to uphold a filibuster to keep Gorsuch from being confirmed to the Supreme Court, will describe how people everywhere can make a difference this week.
- Luz Sosa, Latino Outreach Organizer with Citizen Action of Wisconsin, and Anthony Newby, Executive Director of Minneapolis's Neighborhoods Organizing for Change, will provide expert training on how to make the most of April's Resistance Recess, when Congress is back home to hear from us.
- I'll be moderating this Sunday's call.
Last Friday, when Paul Ryan canceled the vote on Trumpcare, it was a massive defeat for Donald Trump and his radical agenda. It did more than keep 24 million Americans from being robbed of their health care—it gave us a glimpse of just how powerful our Resistance movement is and demonstrated what we're capable of.
We can propel our health care victory into another this week: protecting our democracy and our communities from Trump's extremist Supreme Court nominee.
As we heard on the last Ready to Resist call, defeating Gorsuch and keeping Trump's legacy from impacting the Court for a generation is a must.2 We'll hear on this call what we can do to help Senate Democrats stand strong and to pressure key Republicans.
Talk with you Sunday!
And thanks for all you do.
—Victoria, Anna, Robert, Justin, and the rest of the team
P.S. Check out this video from the victory rally on Capitol Hill after we took down Trumpcare.
1. "Democrats delay votes on SCOTUS nominee Neil Gorsuch," United Press International, March 27, 2017
2. "To avert disaster, the Senate must reject Neil Gorsuch," The Nation, February 2, 2017
Want to support our work? The MoveOn community will work every moment, day by day and year by year, to resist Trump's agenda, contain the damage, defeat hate with love, and begin the process of swinging the nation's pendulum back toward sanity, decency, and the kind of future that we must never give up on. And to do it we need your ongoing support, now more than ever. Will you stand with us?
Contributions to MoveOn.org Civic Action are not tax deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes. This email was sent to Eddie Alfaro on April 1st, 2017. To change your email address or update your contact info, click here. To remove yourself from this list, click here.