Dear MoveOn member,
I’m Senator Al Franken, from the great state of Minnesota. Actually, make that Doctor Senator Al Franken. I recently graduated with a Ph.D. in right-wing megalomania from Trump University.
Unfortunately, the $120,000 in tuition I spent at Trump U. was a huge waste—because it turns out that no training is necessary to discern the fact that Donald Trump is a delusional, power-hungry, narcissistic con man, but also because Trump U. was a total con to make money for Trump.
Seriously, though: You and I are awake inside of a nightmare—and if we don’t take action, this nightmare will be our reality for the next four years.
So it’s up to us (yes, ALL of us) to do everything in our power to stop Trump from breaking into our White House.
That means chipping in $2.70 right now to MoveOn to help defeat Donald Trump on Election Day. Will you join me?
Americans head to the voting booth in 44 days. And right now, on the eve of the first debate, polls have Trump neck and neck with Hillary Clinton.1 (Man, that's terrifying.)
A President Trump could in many ways erase the gains of President Obama’s presidency in his first hour in office. His advisers have already said that's just what he'll do—reneging support for the Paris climate deal, rolling back rules to prevent gun violence, restarting the Keystone XL pipeline, and so much more.2
If this makes you break out in a sweat, I have something to calm your nerves: MoveOn’s elections program. Here’s what’s happening.
- Upwards of 100 incredible MoveOn field organizers on the ground in the exact states that we need to win ...
- … Leveraging the efforts of tens of thousands of passionate MoveOn members who will have about one million face-to-face conversations with progressive swing voters at risk of not voting. (This is the real deal, human-to-human organizing that works.)
- And an additional tens of thousands of phone calls MoveOn members all across the country will drive into swing states.
Neighbor-to-neighbor get-out-the-vote canvassing is the most damn effective way to influence elections, especially in highly-polarized times like these.3 MoveOn has a proven track record—the “secret sauce,” if you will. And MoveOn’s election campaign is a massive (and costly) program in the home stretch of what we’ll remember as the scariest election of our lifetime.
But MoveOn can’t do the work without your support. Are you with me? Click below to chip in $2.70, or whatever you can.
Thanks for all you do.
–Senator Al Franken
P.S. Look, I joked at the beginning of this email about my Ph.D. in megalomania. But this election is no laughing matter, and Trump’s no ordinary candidate. You’ve got to believe this guy could win. And if you don't act now—and chip in a little bit—you’re going to feel reeeeeaaaally bad on November 9 when you wake up in Trump’s America. So click here to chip in now.
1. "General Election: Trump vs. Clinton vs. Johnson vs. Stein," Real Clear Politics, accessed September 25, 2016
2. "President Trump's First Term," The New Yorker, September 26, 2016
3. "Lessons from GOTV experiments," Yale Institution for Social and Policy Studies, accessed September 24, 2016
Want to support our work? Senator Elizabeth Warren says, "I'm so enthusiastic about MoveOn's smart and targeted plan to hire a network of organizers in key battleground states to mobilize and train volunteers to knock on hundreds of thousands of doors. It's bold and ambitious—and exactly what is needed to help swing Senate races, resoundingly defeat Donald Trump, and give Democrats a fighting chance to take back the House." Will you chip in to help make it all possible?
PAID FOR BY MOVEON