Dear MoveOn member,
Forty-six days until Election Day.
I'll be hosting our next Resist & Win call this Sunday, September 23—a chance to join tens of thousands of fellow participants to hear about the ongoing work and how you can get involved. This Sunday's call is focused on "Families Rising Together"—how we're confronting the relentless assaults on our families, and how we're taking action across generations to win elections across the country on November 6.
Because you have registered for our Sunday night national organizing call series in the past, a few minutes before the training begins, you'll receive a call at the phone number you previously listed. No further actions is required, though you can click here to register a different phone number or come back to this link at the time of the call to listen via computer.
In the past weeks ...
- MoveOn members joined volunteer waves to talk directly to voters in 100 districts across the country.
- We endorsed more than 100 candidates in mostly Republican-held seats—expanding the electoral map and, in the process, supporting candidates ready to fight for Medicare for All, the Dream Act, reforms to protect us from Big Money, and so much more.
- MoveOn members across the country made tens of thousands of calls to the Senate to demand all senators say no to Brett Kavanaugh—and ran a full-page ad in the largest newspaper in Maine calling on Sen. Collins to stop his nomination.
- I've been on MSNBC and CNN representing MoveOn's millions of members—making the case that this election is about taking on a rigged system and stopping these attacks on our communities.
- On our Resist & Win national mobilizing call last Sunday, more than 50,000 of us tuned in to hear from Senator Jeff Merkley, national advocacy leaders, and fellow MoveOn members about the midterm elections, what's at stake, and how we'll win.
That's right, 50,000 folks joining together to discuss the stakes and learn how to get involved—and then pivot into taking action. It's a surge of energy that will keep growing and that we are counting on to help us win in 46 days.
This election's stakes are high for all of us—for our families and for generations to come.
Trump's administration continues to separate families—and is actively exploring ways to detain children longer than currently legally permitted—and the Republicans in Congress won't take action.
Gun violence terrorizes our schools and our communities—and Republicans in Congress defend the NRA rather than the rest of us.
Republicans continue to attempt to undermine the Affordable Care Act—with new attacks on protections for millions of Americans with pre-existing conditions.
Trump continues to interfere in the Mueller investigation, and following the breaking news today, we need to be ready to act if he fires the man who oversees the investigation, Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein. If anything breaks in this area, we'll be sure to cover it on Sunday.
And ... Brett Kavanaugh. Republicans are trying to rush through a Supreme Court nominee who can cement their anti-woman, anti-LGBTQ, anti-environment, pro-corporate agenda—without pausing for an investigation into credible accusations of sexual assault, an inquiry into the lies he told under oath, or the chance to review over 100,000 pages of his record that have yet to be released.
These are assaults on our children, our parents, our community, and our futures. But when our families are under attack, we know we can rise together. And that's what we're going to do over the next 46 days and beyond.
If you're ready to stand up for our rights, our children, our families, and our future but want to learn more or find out how, then join our hourlong Resist & Win mobilizing call this Sunday! Just remember to pick up the phone or tune in online on Sunday night.
Here's who is joining us on Sunday:
- Ai-Jen Poo, National Domestic Workers Alliance
- Shaunna Thomas, UltraViolet
- Elissa Hackerson, Resist & Win Leader and Wave host from Virginia
- Michelle Slaughter, Resist & Win Regional Organizing Manager
- Me—MoveOn's national spokesperson and senior strategist Karine Jean-Pierre (I'll be hosting)
- ... and tens of thousands of MoveOn members, friends, voters, allies, and people ready to take action.
Be part of this call on Sunday—part conversation, part training, part rally, and all of it critical information and opportunities to rise together over the 46 days until Election Day.
Thanks for all you do.
–Karine, Corinne, Rohan, Karthik, and the rest of the team
P.S. If you're ready to take action now, find a volunteer wave near you in the upcoming weeks or take a few minutes to record a video to help mobilize voters here. And then be sure to join us on Sunday night.
Are you ready to help power a blue wave? MoveOn is in the middle of the largest midterm elections campaign in our 20-year history to end GOP control of Congress this November and build a country that we can all be proud of. We will reach out to millions of voters before Election Day, volunteer in massive numbers, organize, and win. With less than two months left until Election Day, we need your help—now more than ever. Will you stand with us?
PAID FOR BY MOVEON