Dear MoveOn member,
Thank you for signing up to join the Sunday evening Ready to Resist call series!
On tomorrow night's Ready to Resist call, we'll lay out the next steps in the health care fight—and hear from Reverend Dr. William Barber II of North Carolina's Moral Mondays movement, and Senator Jeff Merkley, who is leading the fight to filibuster Trump's right-wing Supreme Court pick. They will lead a special strategy briefing and action training call for the pivotal weeks ahead.
You'll receive a phone call tomorrow, Sunday, March 19, at 8 p.m. ET (7 CT/6 MT/5 PT) at the number you provided when you subscribed to these calls. You can also listen in and ask questions via the livestream of the call at moveon.org/readytoresist.
If you'd like to change the phone number you want us to dial for the call, you can do so by re-registering at moveon.org/readytoresist before 4:30 p.m. ET Sunday.
Can you let your friends and family know about the Ready to Resist call Sunday night?
Sunday's call will feature an all-star list of guests and trainers:
- Reverend Dr. William Barber II, President and Senior Lecturer of Repairers of the Breach, will motivate us around the moral imperative to reject Trumpcare and how to make our actions creative, non-violent, and powerful.
- Senator Jeff Merkley, U.S. Senator from Oregon, will share a glimpse into the fight to stop the right-wing takeover of the Supreme Court, and how we can get our senators to stop the confirmation of Neil Gorsuch.
- Victoria Kaplan, MoveOn's own Organizing Director, will outline the political battlefield on Trumpcare and recap some amazing stories from the thousands of participants in this week's emergency Health Care Stakeouts.
- Erin Kramer, activist with the Center for Popular Democracy, will lead a training on getting creative with health care actions that will pop for the camera lens and our Congressional targets.
- Mehrdad Azemun, Campaign Director at People's Action, will host the call.
Paul Ryan and the Republicans are in a mad dash to ram the Trumpcare bill through the House and Senate in the next two weeks, before Congress goes on recess and they have to answer to people like us again at home. Sunday's call is designed to help rise to that challenge. The hundreds of thousands of MoveOn members who have joined these calls recently know just how engaging and action-oriented they've been—read about last week's call in The Washington Post story about how they're a building-block in the Resistance.1 Don't miss this chance to gear up for taking action this week!
Talk with you Sunday!
Thanks for all you do.
— Ben, Victoria, Schuyler, Anne, and the rest of the team
1. "Liberals hope to use Obamacare rewrite to turn activism into change," The Washington Post, March 13, 2017
Want to support our work? The MoveOn community will work every moment, day by day and year by year, to resist Trump's agenda, contain the damage, defeat hate with love, and begin the process of swinging the nation's pendulum back toward sanity, decency, and the kind of future that we must never give up on. And to do it we need your ongoing support, now more than ever. Will you stand with us?
Contributions to MoveOn.org Civic Action are not tax deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes. This email was sent to Eddie Alfaro on March 18th, 2017. To change your email address or update your contact info, click here. To remove yourself from this list, click here.