Dear MoveOn member,
Thank you for signing up to join the Sunday evening Ready to Resist call series!
This week we'll lay out the 18-day plan to save health care for millions of Americans and hear an update on Trump's #MuslimBan2 and effective actions we can take this week to resist it. We'll also receive a special training on theory and practice for taking care of ourselves and our communities. We need to be in this for the long haul, and we know that's not always easy!
You'll receive a phone call tomorrow, Sunday, March 12, at 8 p.m. ET (7 CT/6 MT/5 PT) at the number you provided when you subscribed to these calls. You can also listen in and ask questions via the livestream of the call at moveon.org/readytoresist. (And remember to set your clock forward an hour for daylight saving time!)
If you'd like to change the phone number you want us to dial for the call, you can do so by re-registering at moveon.org/readytoresist before 4:30 p.m. ET Sunday.
Can you let your friends and family know about the Ready to Resist call Sunday night?
- Ben Wikler, MoveOn's Washington Director, will lay out the 18-day strategy to save health care for millions, including what each of us can do where we live.
- Kelley Robinson, Organizing Director with Planned Parenthood, will detail what's at stake if Republicans succeed in repealing the Affordable Care Act this month.
- Amaha Kassa, founder and Executive Director of African Communities Together, will brief us on Trump's latest attempt at a Muslim Ban and how we can resist it.
- Mark-Anthony Johnson, Director of Health and Wellness at Dignity and Power Now, will lead a training in sustaining the movement, sharing tips and tools for how we can care for ourselves and our communities to build this movement for the long haul.
- Amanda Johnson, National Digital Director at the Working Families Party, will host the call.
Republicans are hoping to ram a bill that repeals the ACA, defunds Planned Parenthood, and kicks hundreds of thousands of people off Medicaid through Congress and to Trump's desk in the next 18 days. But their plan is on the rocks, and we can help stop it, if we act together strategically. And Trump's new #MuslimBan2 is still unconstitutional, and courts could still strike it down, for the same reasons a court stopped the first Muslim Ban.
Talk with you Sunday!
Thanks for all you do.
—Victoria, Amy, Manny, Michael, and the rest of the team
Want to support our work? The MoveOn community will work every moment, day by day and year by year, to resist Trump's agenda, contain the damage, defeat hate with love, and begin the process of swinging the nation's pendulum back toward sanity, decency, and the kind of future that we must never give up on. And to do it we need your ongoing support, now more than ever. Will you stand with us?
Contributions to MoveOn.org Civic Action are not tax deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes. This email was sent to Eddie Alfaro on March 12th, 2017. To change your email address or update your contact info, click here. To remove yourself from this list, click here.