Thank you for attending a #ResistTrumpTuesday rally today to demand a stop to Trump's #SwampCabinet, and to declare #NoBanNoWall.
Big votes are happening today, and Trump has said he will announce his Supreme Court nominee at 8 p.m. ET tonight. Your participation in the rally, along with thousands of people at more than 120 events, demonstrates to elected officials and the media that we are watching not only how each senator votes, but if Senate Democrats and Republicans of conscience are using all the tools they have, such as withholding consent, to stop Trump's unconstitutional agenda. And you've already made headlines and received responses from senators!1,2
Your feedback is critical—it helps us learn and maximize our impact as we plan future actions.
In addition to telling us about your experience, here are a few important next steps:
- National Debrief Call - TONIGHT, Tuesday, January 31, 9 p.m. ET (8 CT/7 MT/6 PT). Join us tonight for our national debrief call for everyone who took part in this week's #ResistTrumpTuesday action. Come and share your experience, hear stories from others who participated around the country and build relationships with fellow MoveOn members. Click here to register for tonight's national debrief call.
- Campaign Strategy 101 Training - TOMORROW, Wednesday, February 1, 8 p.m. ET (7 CT/6 MT/5 PT). We'll step back and break down how to craft effective campaigns to resist Trump's agenda. Click here to register for tomorrow's training.
- Join our Slack team to meet other MoveOn members, share ideas, and ask questions. Click here to join the team, and once you sign in, find the channel #resisttrumptuesdays.
Thanks for all you do.
—Gabby, Vicki, Katie, Chris and the rest of the team
P.S. Did you take pictures at your event? Send photos to firstname.lastname@example.org, post them on social media using #SwampCabinet, #ResistTrumpTuesdays, and #NoBanNoWall and tag @MoveOn, and share them on Slack. If you took Facebook Live or other video during the event, share the link to your videos here.
1. "Dozens protest Cabinet picks outside Tillis' office," ABC News, January 30, 2017.
2. @ChrisMurphyCT, Twitter, January 31, 2017
Want to support our work? The MoveOn community will work every moment, day by day and year by year, to resist Trump's agenda, contain the damage, defeat hate with love, and begin the process of swinging the nation's pendulum back toward sanity, decency, and the kind of future that we must never give up on. And to do it we need your ongoing support, now more than ever. Will you stand with us?
Contributions to MoveOn.org Civic Action are not tax deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes. This email was sent to Eddie Alfaro on February 1st, 2017. To change your email address or update your contact info, click here. To remove yourself from this list, click here.