Thanks so much for signing up to attend a "Stop Trump's #SwampCabinet" rally today. The volunteers who organized your event are counting on seeing you there!
Your event is one of more than 200 happening from coast to coast today with more than 10,000 MoveOn members and allies excited to attend these peaceful public gatherings. Together, we are sending a powerful message to our members of Congress and the media that we expect them to stand up to Trump's #SwampCabinet of hate—and we're already making headlines!1
Here are the details for the "Stop Trump's #SwampCabinet" rally you signed up for:
What: Rally to Resist Trump's Nominees
When: TODAY, Tuesday, January 24, 12:00 PM
Where: Senators Chuck Schumer's and Kirsten Gillibrand's New York District Offices
780 Third Ave. , New York NY 10017
Your Attendee Dashboard, where you can contact your host, invite friends, view a map, download signs and more:
(Note to people in New England: Check the weather and your email. Some of us had some icy weather over night. Check the conditions and put your safety first. Check your email for any updates from your event host.)
And here are a few tips to ensure you have a great experience and make the biggest impact:
- Amplify your impact via social media! Follow these easy instructions to broadcast from the event using Facebook Live and post photos on social media using the hashtags #SwampCabinet and #ResistTrumpTuesdays and tagging @MoveOn and your senators. Let's flood social media with our message of "Stop Trump's #SwampCabinet!" After the event, send us the link to your Facebook Live videos using this form.
- Print materials. NEW: There is now a fact sheet with talking points on each of Trump's swamp nominees and a chant/song sheet to keep the rally lively. Your host will have some copies available at the event, but if you can print a few extra signs and handouts, it will help ensure everyone starts the event prepared! The more signs we have to wave, the more visible our action will be. You can make your own with the message "Stop Trump's Swamp Cabinet" or you can print the ones we provided on your attendee tool page. There is also a fact sheet now available with talking points on each of Trump's swamp nominees.
- Invite your friends. The more people who show up today, the harder it will be for our members of Congress to ignore our demands. Call friends and family and ask them to come along.
- Political update: On Monday, the Senate voted to confirm Mike Pompeo as head of the Central Intelligence Agency. Fifteen Democrats, and all but one Republican, voted for Pompeo, who supports torture and who wants to keep Guantanamo Bay open. See the list here. If you are visiting one of their offices today, let them know you expect more from them to protect our communities and our democracy! Download the fact sheet on Trump's cabinet nominees.
And finally, have a great time! These are challenging times, but we can enjoy the company of neighbors committed to a better future, taking peaceful action together.
Thanks for all you do.
—Chris, Gabby, Katie, Vicki, and the rest of the team
1. “Rallies Against Trump’s ‘Swamp Cabinet’ Planned Across The U.S.” Huffington Post, January 23, 2017
Want to support our work? The MoveOn community will work every moment, day by day and year by year, to resist Trump's agenda, contain the damage, defeat hate with love, and begin the process of swinging the nation's pendulum back toward sanity, decency, and the kind of future that we must never give up on. And to do it we need your ongoing support, now more than ever. Will you stand with us?
Contributions to MoveOn.org Civic Action are not tax deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes. This email was sent to Eddie Alfaro on January 24th, 2017. To change your email address or update your contact info, click here. To remove yourself from this list, click here.