One more reminder: Tonight is our emergency, hourlong "Nobody Is Above the Law" national organizing call. Donald Trump could fire special counsel Robert Mueller or his boss, Rod Rosenstein, or otherwise act to end Mueller's independent investigation any day. On the call, we'll discuss the stakes of this fever-pitch moment and how we can all take effective action in our communities.
Because you've subscribed to the Ready to Resist call series in the past, we'll call you tonight—Sunday, April 22—at 7:30 p.m. ET (6:30 CT/5:30 MT/4:30 PT) to join the national organizing call. Just answer the phone to connect to the call, or stream the call at moveon.org/ReadyToResist.
Tonight, we'll discuss
- how to increase pressure to pass bipartisan legislation to defend the Mueller investigation from White House interference,
- what we can do to shore up the national rapid-response plan to launch over 900 events within 24 hours of a firing,
- how to invite even more folks in our communities to join in this work, and
- action we can take right after the call and into next week.
And we have a terrific line-up of speakers and trainers. We'll be joined on the call by
- Karine Jean-Pierre, MoveOn Senior Strategist;
- Senator Cory Booker;
- Tracy Baton, host of the Pittsburgh Nobody Is Above the Law event;
- Izzy Bronstein, Common Cause National Grassroots Organizer; and
- Alexandra Flores-Quilty, Civil Resistance Campaign Project Director.
If you'd like to join the call, you don't need to take any action now; just answer the call from the 202 area code tonight at about 7:30 p.m. ET (6:30 CT/5:30 MT/4:30 PT! If you'd prefer to listen via your computer, just visit moveon.org/readytoresist at 7:30 p.m. ET (6:30 CT/5:30 MT/4:30 PT) tonight, Sunday, April 22.
If you'd like to RSVP for the call with a different phone number than the one you may have originally RSVP'd with, click here to update your subscription on this form before 3 p.m. ET (2 CT/1 MT/12 PT).
If you know you can't join the call, not a problem; no action is needed.
And please help spread the word about the call!
Thanks for all you do.
–Corinne, Mark, David, Iram, and the rest of the team
Want to support our work? The MoveOn community will work every moment, day by day and year by year, to resist Trump's agenda, contain the damage, defeat hate with love, and begin the process of swinging the nation's pendulum back toward sanity, decency, and the kind of future that we must never give up on. And to do it we need your ongoing support, now more than ever. Will you stand with us?
Contributions to MoveOn.org Civic Action are not tax deductible as charitable contributions for federal income tax purposes. This email was sent to Eddie Alfaro on April 22nd, 2018. To change your email address or update your contact info, click here. To remove yourself from this list, click here.