Dear MoveOn member,
In tonight's debate, Donald Trump alternately bullied, boasted, rambled, and lied. He cheered for failed and racist policies, from lowering taxes on the very rich to stop-and-frisk policing. Conventional wisdom among mainstream media is that the debate presented a stark contrast, and that Clinton won handily.1
But none of that matters if swing state voters don't understand this sharp contrast—and then get to the polls to vote against Trump and for Clinton.
The work we need to do right now is clear. Person-to-person contact has been shown to be the most effective way of swaying voters.2 MoveOn members are working day and night to get out the vote and keep Donald Trump out of the White House by electing Hillary Clinton. Will you help out?
Tonight's performance by Donald Trump wasn't an exception. Trump has been lying this entire election. Yet the race is STILL a dead heat.3
To win, there are three key things we need to do:
- Get every last progressive voter in key swing states to go to the polls and to vote for Hillary, using an army of 100 organizers deployed on the ground in key battleground states to train tens of thousands of volunteers to knock on more than one million doors.
- Persuade voters in swing states who are considering Gary Johnson or Jill Stein that there’s way too much at stake to risk a Trump presidency, with hard-hitting videos spread through social media and online advertising on websites popular with young voters, like Hulu, Facebook, and YouTube.
- Make the case FOR Hillary Clinton, with champions like Bernie Sanders, Michelle Obama, Elizabeth Warren, and Al Franken talking about the progressive agenda she supports.
This is it. A fight for the future of America over the next 43 days. Will you chip in $2.70?
Thanks for all you do.
–Anna, Jo, Emily, Stephen, and the rest of the team
1. "Trump takes the bait," Politico, September 26, 2016
2. "Lessons from GOTV experiments," Yale Institution for Social and Policy Studies, accessed September 20, 2016
"General Election: Trump vs. Clinton vs. Johnson vs. Stein," RealClearPolitics, accessed September 26, 2016
Want to support our work? Senator Elizabeth Warren says, "I'm so enthusiastic about MoveOn's smart and targeted plan to hire a network of organizers in key battleground states to mobilize and train volunteers to knock on hundreds of thousands of doors. It's bold and ambitious—and exactly what is needed to help swing Senate races, resoundingly defeat Donald Trump, and give Democrats a fighting chance to take back the House." Will you chip in to help make it all possible?
PAID FOR BY MOVEON