Dear MoveOn member,
This is Robert Fox, MoveOn’s chief operating officer. You don't hear from me often, because I'm usually behind the scenes—converting our fundraising dollars into staffing and budget decisions.
I’m writing you because tomorrow is MoveOn’s most important quarterly FEC fundraising deadline of this entire election cycle—in what could be the most important presidential election of our lifetimes.
And we’ve now reached the point in the election where we need to make final decisions about our plans to help defeat Trump and elect Hillary Clinton in the closing weeks of this race. That’s why your donation today is so incredibly important.
Although there will still be opportunities to give this election, the time for some big decisions is coming to a close. There are so many things we’d like to do:
- Can we pay for buses to bring in volunteers from non-swing states?
- Can we pay for calling tools that would allow MoveOn members across America to reach hundreds of thousands of voters in swing states?
- Can we buy more online ad space to run videos that tests have shown work to persuade Donald Trump supporters to change their minds, and vote for Hillary Clinton?
I know we're running a powerful program, but I don’t yet know if we will be able to do these things, which is why your donation of $2.70, or whatever you can afford, has never been more important than it is today.
MoveOn members have already stepped up in huge ways this election cycle, to make so much possible. Here's what we're doing:
- We're taking the fight to Trump with more than 100 organizers who'll help volunteers knock on over a million doors in battleground states like North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Florida. And we're helping our member-endorsed Senate candidates—such as Katie McGinty, Russ Feingold, Tammy Duckworth, and Catherine Cortez-Masto—win their elections so Democrats can secure a majority in the U.S. Senate next year.
- We're lifting up the leadership of great organizations like Color of Change by supporting their efforts to use mobile organizing to turn out Black voters.
- We're running our Video Lab to produce powerful videos that can reach millions of people, including young voters, who are more likely to tune out the mainstream media and the debates but are very active on social media.
And now, we need to make hard decisions: Can we do even more? Or do we have to stick or our existing plans?
It’s up to you. How big we can go depends on how much we raise by Friday at midnight. Which is why I’m asking you now:
So much hinges on the outcome of this election. It’s a fight to decide who we are as a people—and what kind of country we want to live in.
That’s why we cannot afford to fall short financially and give this election away to Donald Trump and his Republican Party.
Thanks for all you do.
—Robert, Hannah, Milan, Jo, and the rest of the team
Want to support our work? Senator Elizabeth Warren says, "I'm so enthusiastic about MoveOn's smart and targeted plan to hire a network of organizers in key battleground states to mobilize and train volunteers to knock on hundreds of thousands of doors. It's bold and ambitious—and exactly what is needed to help swing Senate races, resoundingly defeat Donald Trump, and give Democrats a fighting chance to take back the House." Will you chip in to help make it all possible?
PAID FOR BY MOVEON